What are the strengths and the successes of CWPPRA?
- Addresses the urgent need for on-the-ground coastal restoration in Louisiana
- Constructs coastal restoration projects that protect critically impaired wetland areas
- To date, has constructed 108 projects with a total of 152 active projects that will protect and restore approximately 100,000 acres of land
- Has 25 years of experience in coastal restoration, acting as the State’s only consistent Federal restoration funding authority
- Upon completion, projects provide benefits which meet local and state restoration planning goals
- Initiated and supports the State’s only coastwide monitoring program to evaluate the efficacy of restoration projects on an ecosystem scale
- Serves as the foundation for the development of restoration science and identification of project needs that have become the platform for other restoration funding programs
Visit the CWPPRA project page to learn more about successful projects in your area.