Are you aware of CWPPRA’s Programmatic Benefits?
- Proven Track Record of Project Construction– Over 25 years, 210 approved projects benefiting more than 1,344 square miles (800,000 acres); 108 constructed (16 under construction).
- Responsive– CWPPRA projects are constructed in 5 to 7 years.
- Interagency Approach– Cost-effective projects developed by an experienced interagency team (5 Federal, 1 State agencies).
- Community Involvement– Local governments and citizens contribute to project nominations and development.
- Predictable Funding– Federal Sport Fish & Boating Safety Trust Fund funding to 2021 through fishing equipment taxes and small engine fuel taxes.
- Fiscally Responsible– CWPPRA projects are cost-effective.
- Science Based– CWPPRA’s monitoring program (Coastwide Referencing Monitoring System-CRMS). Demonstration projects “field-test” restoration techniques for future restoration project success.
- Complementary– CWPPRA projects complement other large-scale restoration efforts (i.e., Coastal Impact Assistance Program, State Master Plan, BP DWH Oil Spill Early Restoration and the RESTORE Act).
CWPPRA has been and will continue to be the primary source of practical experience, learning, and agency expertise regarding coastal restoration in Louisiana.