Dupuy’s has enjoyed over 146 years of success in its original location in Abbeville, Louisiana. World-famous for the oysters on the 1/2 shell and outstanding seafood, Dupuy’s is continuing the tradition and will continue to do so for many years to come.
Dupuy’s Seafood Gumbo
¾ cup oil
¾ cup flour
1 small bell pepper, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
4 cups water
Salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
1 pound headless shrimp, shelled and deveined
1 pound of claw crabmeat
¼ cup chopped parsley
½ cup chopped green onions
- In a skillet, make a dark brown roux with oil and flour; add bell pepper, celery, and onion.
- Cook until onions are transparent.
- Gradually add water; continue to cook 1 hour.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Add shrimp, crabmeat, parsley, and green onions: simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice in bowl.
- Yields 6 to 8 servings.